Medical Spanish Course
Aidmed at Medical Personnel and Health Care Workers
Medical Spanish Course
One of the oldest programs in CELAS MAYA is our Spanish Medical program, developed to learn Spanish quickly and adapted for nurses, medical assistants, and doctors of any specialization.
We are proud to be able to fulfill the expectations of major US universities that have trusted us for more than a decade.
- 25 hours per week of one-to-one Medical Spanish for medical students and health care professionals
- Medical and anatomy vocabulary
- Focus on the Guatemalan health system
- Opportunity to volunteer or intern in health centers in Quetzaltenango
- Well-seasoned Medical Spanish instructors
- Aimed at nurses, medical staff, doctors, and PAs
¡Uno a uno: más humano, más efectivo!
HOW DOES IT BENEFIT YOU?
- Practice your Spanish and vocabulary in scenarios created in our simulation clinic
- Develops language skills focused on medicine
- Develops communicative skills to understand patients in Guatemala and Latin America
- Take advantage of the opportunities to help the public health service in Guatemala
- With Spanish you will be able to make a personal connection with patients and their families, facilitate patient orientation and assess patient comfort.
Accredited Center for the Instituto Cervantes
WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
- 4 weeks of Spanish classes
- Visit to a health center in at least one of the villages near Quetzaltenango
- Accommodation with a Guatemalan family
- 3 meals daily and a varied program of activities
- At the end you will have a B1 Spanish level, with understanding of vocabulary and Guatemalan culture
- Study 25 hours one-on-one and 5 hours with homework
- Learn quickly with our U75-25 communicative method
Speak to an entire continent!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- We start every new class session every Monday but you can ask to start on another day at no extra cost
- You can choose the morning or afternoon schedule from 8am-1pm or from 2pm-7pm
- Register now and guarantee your spot at Celas Maya
- Course duration is 4 weeks
- Course fee is $874 USD without accommodation and $1142 USD with a Guatemalan Homestay Family
- Add on an additional week for only $214.50 USD without accommodation
- Add on an additional week for only $281.5 USD with accommodation